Family is a big part of a child’s success. The support a teen or adolescent receives from family members is often their best defense against stress and trauma. The parents’ ability to help with their child’s mental health is something that can always be improved. When a child needs treatment for a mental health condition, their family will also have to contribute to the therapeutic process. For teens struggling with addiction, family therapy can be a crucial part of an effective treatment program.
At Imagine Boise, we specialize in helping teens aged 12 to 17 years old, but we also offer a family therapy program to improve communication between all family members. Our licensed mental health professionals employ a variety of therapies to give your son or daughter the tools to cope with stress and trauma. Joining your child in their journey towards better mental health starts with learning how to support them properly. Not only can you learn to improve your relationship with your teen, but you can also learn to improve your relationships with all family members.
If you want to learn more about how Imagine Boise can help your family, call us at 208.487.8260.
What Is Family Therapy Treatment?
Family therapy is a form of counseling that is used as a short-term approach to facilitate open communication in a family. By repairing lines of communication and forming a healthier family dynamic, the goal is to resolve conflicts without judgment, fear, or anger. Because each family is unique, a therapist will first conduct an assessment so they can design a treatment program that will tackle the issues you and your child are facing.
Family therapy treatment for addiction may be approached differently from family therapy treatment for trauma or mental health. Any other conditions or issues that contribute to or worsen conflicts within the family will be addressed.
Benefits of Family Therapy Treatment
- Education about mental health and addiction – a family therapy program can help both parents and siblings understand what the patient is going through, as well as teach them the signs of mental health disorders and addiction
- Mending damaged relationships – mental health issues and addiction can put a strain on family relationships, and repairing those relationships is vital to the future wellbeing of the patient
- Strengthened support system – receiving help from family and friends is a big part of a patient’s recovery, and those family and friends must be ready to watch out for warning signs that a patient may be in danger of relapsing
- Clear communication skills – talking about their problems is one of the hardest things for a patient to do, especially if they feel like they will be judged for their problems, so learning to communicate without judgment is a large part of family therapy
- Relapse prevention – a patient who also has a co-occurring disorder due to their mental health disorder requires a stable and sober home environment to decrease the risk of relapsing
Choose Imagine Boise for Family Therapy Treatment
The Imagine Boise treatment center offers a variety of comprehensive treatment programs for teens aged 12 to 17. We also offer family therapy to prevent teens from going through recovery alone. Our licensed therapists are skilled at addressing your child’s concerns, as well as experts in viewing the overall family dynamic and providing guidance to both parents and siblings. All our team members are committed to providing high-quality programs so that you and your child can heal together. Some of the other therapies we offer include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Trauma therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Crisis intervention
- Art and music therapy
If you’re ready to get help for your child, we’re ready to take your call. Contact us at 208.487.8260 so you can start on the road to a happier, brighter future for your family.