Our family therapy program is a psychological counseling approach that can assist with improving communication between family members both young and old. Additionally, through our family counseling sessions, Boise families can learn to resolve conflicts that exist today and develop the tools needed to stave off disputes in the future.
Family therapy at Imagine Boise is offered as part of our intensive outpatient and partial hospitalization programs.
If you and your teens are struggling to see eye to eye and are failing to communicate your feelings, concerns, hopes, and fears, reach out to us online or call us at 208.487.8260 to discuss why our family therapy program might be part of the solution.
The Purpose of Family Therapy
Facilitated by a psychologist or licensed therapist, family therapy is often a short-term approach to healing and repairing the lines of communication within the family dynamic. Your family’s treatment plan will start with a comprehensive assessment to design a program that will be personalized based on the exact issues you and your teen are facing. If there are any mental health or substance use disorders playing a role in the conflicts being experienced between family members, our experienced team can help you navigate the recovery process.
The Advantages of Family Counseling
Ten things our family therapy program can do:
- Teach healthy ways of communicating
- Strengthen connections
- Help you get through stressful events
- Improve relationships
- Help manage mental health disorders
- Encourage understanding
- Reduce stress, grief, and anger
- Teach empathy
- Manage and resolve conflicts between parents and children
- Address the impact of any substance use disorders
You may pursue family therapy in addition to other forms of treatment for your teenager, especially if they are suffering from a mental health disorder or substance use disorder.
What to Expect During Family Therapy Sessions
Typically, family therapy involves parents or guardians as well as an experienced therapist. Teen clients may be involved in sessions as clinically indicated.
During a family therapy program, you can expect to:
- Examine your ability to solve problems
- Discuss how you and your teen can better express emotions, ideas, and thoughts in a healthy and productive manner
- Explore the roles, rules, and behavior patterns that exist within your family dynamic
- Identify the strengths of each member of your family, and hone in on the ways to effectively utilize those strengths to improve family life
- Understand the struggles of your family member(s) as they go work through matters of mental health and substance use
- Develop empathy
- Find common ground allowing you to relate to each other
- Set goals and work to achieve them
Find Effective Family Therapy at Imagine Boise
The therapists at Imagine Boise are compassionate and skilled in addressing adolescent concerns as it relates to the bigger family picture. We are standing by, waiting to work through options with you to get your family the help it needs and deserves. Reach out to us online or call us at 208.487.8260 to learn more about how our family therapy program can help you achieve your goals.