Adolescent Treatment Services in Boise, ID
Treatment for 12-17 year olds struggling with behavioral & mental health conditions
Difficulty following rules, verbal and/or physical aggression, poor academic performance, self-isolation, and suicidal thoughts are only a handful of behavioral problems that adolescents struggling with mental health disorders may display. They experience dramatic physical, emotional, and social changes that make them particularly susceptible to mental health problems, which oftentimes go undetected. Not addressing an adolescent’s mental health condition can have consequences that extend into adulthood and can impair both their physical and mental health. As a result, this can limit opportunities that allow them to lead to fulfilling lives as adults.
At Imagine by Northpoint, adolescents ages 12-17 can engage in extended outpatient treatment for mental health and substance use disorders in a safe and therapeutic environment.
- Treatment delivered by an interdisciplinary team of highly-qualified providers who use evidence-based treatment methods and criteria
- A complete psychosocial assessment & mental health evaluation with a family member or guardian present
- Twice-weekly meetings with the facility psychiatrist to evaluate and reconcile medications, monitor psychiatric needs, and assist in the stabilization process
- Individual, group and family focused therapy sessions
- Onsite nursing care and oversight
- Adolescent crisis intervention available for increased psychiatric symptoms, suicidal/homicidal ideation, and limited community resources
- A maximum of 30 hours per week (5 days per week, 6 hours per day)
- Program length based on individual needs. All teens will be assisted with discharge/transition planning to integrate back into the community, schooling system & ongoing care
Get in touch with an admissions representative
Philosophy of Care
Imagine by Northpoint delivers quality and consistent care to all teens using a treatment model based on a scientific and medically proven approach. Staff ensures a safe, non-judgmental, and treatment-focused environment.
Some of the therapy modalities offered as part of the Adolescent Day Treatment Program include:
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy)
- DBT (Didactic Behavioral Therapy)
- Grief and Loss, Trauma Therapy
- Crisis Intervention
- Co-Occurring Intervention
- Family Therapy
- Teen Relationship Counseling
- Interpersonal Therapy
- Mindfulness and Meditation
- Art, Music and Pet Therapy
Groups, Counseling & Care
Psychiatric and Nursing Care
All youth will be provided with an initial psychiatric evaluation to include recommendations for medications if needed. Psychiatric care will be at a minimum of 2 sessions weekly and as needed crisis intervention. In addition nursing care will be available daily to assist with medication management, assessments, and medical needs as appropriate.
Imagine by Northpoint offers Individual Counseling & Family Counseling. Adolescents will complete a thorough screening and assessment with a counselor, and treatment goals will be established in a treatment plan, which is reviewed with the client at each individual session and updated as appropriate.
Mental Health Counseling and Intervention
Imagine by Northpoint is a teen program licensed in the state of Boise with highly-qualified providers that deliver youth mental health and substance use focused groups, hold individualized sessions focused on mental health stabilization, and work closely with the facility psychiatrist.
It is recommended that all teens participate in group therapy as discussed with their primary counselor and based upon their level of treatment.
Specific Groups offered
Emotional Regulation, Anger Management, Co-Occurring, Education, Teen Life Skills, Didactic Process, Art Therapy, Mindfulness, Music Therapy, Accountability Group, Family Healing, Self- Care, Coping Skills, Identification of Triggers and Family Group.
Family Healing Group
The Family Healing Group is offered weekly to family members of teens who participate in any of Northpoint Idaho’s programs. The purpose of this group is for participants to build healthy coping tools while assisting their loved one in working through behavioral struggles, and to develop external support to help meet their unique needs as family members who have been affected by loved ones struggling with mental health disorder and substance use disorder.
Need more information or have questions about the Adolescent Day Treatment Program?
Cost of Treatment
The cost of treatment at Imagine by Northpoint is different for everyone. Every teen that enters the Imagine
Adolescent Day Treatment Program has a unique background and requires an individualized plan
that addresses their specific mental health, medical, schooling and therapeutic needs.
We work with most insurance providers in the U.S. to provide the best possible coverage and minimize out-of-pocket expenses. Day Treatment for teens is typically covered by parents’ insurance plans